Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Vacaville Outreach Project (2010)


This image is being posted right after seeing a very bad (but ironically good) Bruce Springsteen cover band playing outside for a free public neighborhood concert. As a former musician (moi was a drummer and still is at heart)  it baffled me that any musical person would dedicate their middle-age life to covering/acting as rock stars. Perhaps I am proud of the fact that I left music for more appropriate things that involved greater"meaning"...but I have a weird feeling some of the 80 year olds shaking their booties in the fold-up chairs got a whole lotta meaning when they were tweaking to "Born in the USA". Life is strange. Glad I am a social worker and rocking and rolling in much different ways now.
Bye.



Outsider/Prison Art exhibition