Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Udders and the pregnancy of a horn

I am pregnant.
I know it.
I am bloated.
I am full of this never ending desire to give birth to a forged new beginning.
I am pregnant.
I have this instinct.
I have this desire to give mother's milk through dried udders that spend expensive days deflecting those who try to tip this heavy cow over.
Where's the beef?
Where's the false bravado?
Why lose hope in order to purchase this breed?
I am not sure, but I know for sure this certainty.
I am pregnant. 
I will break water.
And I will splash to the ground this pollution and expensive loss of energy.
And I will call the child born, Tomorrow.


© 2012 Artists Rights Society (ARS).
Written by Jane Public.
Copyright © 2012, Jane Public.
All rights reserved.

http://www.heiferfoundation.org/