Saturday, August 18, 2012

Outside flat wall screenings are the closest thing I have come to the American drive-thru yet:) below is a link to my sister Diamanda speaking about the physical and social disease that took our brother away from us all
https://vimeo.com/28253650

P.S. Hello Jane,

I'm trying to figure out the most cost efficient workflow with the fewest number of intermediate steps to get from 16mm source materials to work prints and something that can be cut to A/B rolls for printing.

I plan to print to 7363 from the original 16mm source materials.  In the past I was able to have a lab make work prints on 7361 from the 7363 optical prints.  I then cut the 7361 work prints and had the negative cutter match the 7363 footage generated on the optical printer to the cut WP.  The 7363 A/B rolls were then printed back to 7361 for release prints.  Everything remained positive (i.e. black was black and clear was clear) for each step of the process.

Since 7361 was discontinued years ago I'm trying to figure out the workflow I will need to follow if I want to make a release print from optically printed source materials so I hope someone can advise me on this.  I want to know what to ask/tell the lab before they get my optically printed footage. I know that you have done this type of work and probably have a good clue for good results.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice. Love your work Jane, whether on film stock or video.

CH