Monday, October 5, 2015

Goya Film Awards Honor Jess Franco.

Franco's response to being honored at Goya,  2009:

"It is a joy and a huge honor, I never expected any recognition of my career. Nobody ever gave me anything, just for my first short film about Pio Baroja, for which they gave me many awards here and outside Spain ... I am delighted as I have never believed myself worthy of anything. I think it's a lovely gift. I'm a man in love with cinema, I make films because films fulfill my life. I never wanted to get awards. I want to offer this to Juan Antonio Bardem, who first took me in to filmmaking, to my partner, Lina, who's put up with me for thirty years, and to the Paris Cinematheque. And to all the young filmmakers who keep looking for someone to help them to make their first feature film."