Saturday, May 16, 2009

Inspiring by bathroom Oils .





After searching for an available parking spot in Chelsea, i got out of my car and noticed a gallery across the street (kinda hidden). I strolled in to see what was showing. The gallery was J. CACCIOLA GALLERY. The show was on painter ALEX KANEVSKY titled, PROSERPINE.
I was moved by the work. The use of color, divided boards, and the settings for the character studies (tiled bathroom) was so interesting. Very cinematic, raw, and elegant in a classical sense. It made me want to paint...or explore this type of imagery via silent film character portrait studies. The whole Chelsea thing, that "scene" is pretty HIT OR MISS, but this was something totally unplanned for me today and I went home glad that I had walked in. And got out of my own workspace (i.e. my apartment) to see a bit of something outside my residential view.

enjoy.
goodye for now.
me.xo

p.s. the work sold for about $48,000 a piece. Most were SOLD!!! I am thinking to myself, um, joye, YOU SHOULD BE RICH BY NOW. GET TO IT. NOW. GET TO IT!