Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Awesome Lecture.








It was a great and intimate lecture to go to. Jacqueline Hassink is a true artist. I learned from this talk, and I learned from her "process". What are you talkin about? Be specific please (me talking in my head to myself)...

1) her creative/obsessive use of organizing thoughts into journal pads.
2) her ability to present very cold, clinical and intimidating corporate offices for us inept idiots (myself) to observe carefully and pretend to hang out in (at least that's what I pretended to do).
3) her choice of placing "black" pages on the companies that refused to let her photograph their office spaces.
4) her need to keep taking photographs (analog not digital) and publish books whether she has a broad audience or not. Simply "because".

It's important to go to these type of things (um, yeah you joey). to get out. to expose ourselves to others thought processes and methods. Indirectly something is taken home with us. Something that may be fortunate, or unfortunate. Either way, it becomes our creative company.

akame.
xo