Saturday, July 2, 2016

R.I.P. Michael Cimino, 77 years was too short for you.


Thank you for, 'The Deer Hunter.' And, sorry about 'Heaven's Gate.'  bye. 
A Cimino Quote: 
“I’m a frustrated would-be architect,” Cimino said, “who stumbled into the would-be business of making movies.” He liked the controlled organized calm of being a designer, while “making movies is controlled anarchy, chaos,” he said. “It’s a bloody enterprise. And I don’t know why I made the turning in the road that I was on, it’s still a mystery to me all the time, why I departed from my area of study and went into this insane prospect of making movies. I did, like it or not. I don’t know how I got here. I think I came from an asteroid in space and landed in Locarno.” He called that turn he took “crazy” and “suicidal.” Making movies today, “there’s now so much bullshit,” he said. “It’s a terrible waste of psychic energy and human effort.”