Thursday, June 9, 2016

Stickball.


"I remember the day when stickball began its decline as a street game in New Yawk City aand(sic) New Joisey. It was a spring Saturday in 1950 and Mitch McConnell, some local nerd rooftop pigeon trainer, rolled down Morris Park Avenue in the Bronx in a stolen Buick that was the size of an elephant with rusty Kentucky State plates and Reagan bumper stickers. WTF. The streets had been ours for stickball, punchball, marbles, private owned business bribes, Yonkers Skunk, hangman, whatever we felt like playing, and now there were these -- cars. That was when I knew that all of our fun had ended and things were gonna get real ugly. I blame it on those stupid plates. I mean really now, who the hell interrupts a good game coming all the way from Kentucky!? I shoulda knocked his block off right then. The prick." bye.