Saturday, January 1, 2011

So much in common (it's strange)

His humanist approach. His confirmed "laughter on the set". So much in common. He lives via his cinema, but he is missed by so many. We owe him the ultimate. We owe to him pure honesty in the art
LINK:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-471783/Ingmar-Bergman-legendary-film-director-dead-89.html


"I was an introverted child. My family lived in a small town in the north of Sweden, and I was very lonely. I had an artistic bent, toward painting and music, and then I drifted into acting when I was still an adolescent. I played everything–music hall singers, comedy ingenues, a few of the classics on the stage. I did one thriller for an American television producer with Robert Mitchum–I think it was finally released in theatres. I can't remember most of them today. My real career began when I went to work for Ingmar."

– Ingrid Thulin (1964)