Sunday, July 25, 2021

Less is more.



So I took a walk around Alphabet City this afternoon and observed a young film crew all gung ho with a few RED cameras (RED Cameras cost around $80,000 each) and a ridiculous amount of hi-tech technology and its just all so fuc*in' dumb and unnecessary. I was immediately reminded of why and how Nirvana and Kurt Cobain got so huge, so fast. Less was More, and Kurt Cobain understood that. Cobain disregarded all the expensive high end guitar modules and keyboards so many bands were using and stripped his music down to just a simple raw guitar, tube amp and two other simple musicians - making sure it was the SONG that mattered and NOT all the expensive crap all the metal and rock bands were using at that time, Nirvana killed the music scene when NEVERMIND was released because people wanted something REAL, UNVARNISHED, PURE, and FREE. Anyways, I personally sold my fancy 4k camera a few years ago because I HATED how perfect everything looked, and how there was no room for error or mistakes. I now stick with a very small camera that gets me beautiful shots with a simple battery that dies on me every 10 minutes. And, I would not change one thing about it. Gosh, even war photojournalists keep things simple and sweet, and focus on getting a great shot, and not carrying around almost $100,000 cameras. Makes me kinda sick. And what makes matters even more sickening, is that I bet you they will use some fake-ass software to degrade the image during editing and try to mimic what a cheaper camera would have provided.  Lord Have Mercy on them.  bye.