Saturday, July 24, 2021

Playing with Sharks: The Valerie Taylor Story


I really enjoyed the new documentary about the life and aquatic career of Valerie Taylor. Valerie's passion and dedication reminded me of Jane Goodall and especially Leni Reifenstahl (infamous Third Reich female film artist who spent her last years of life blacklisted and filming underwater). It's so interesting that Valerie managed to go from animal hunter to animal savior and subsequently petitioned the government to have a portion of the sea protected as a national park (The Neptune Islands Group Marine Park on South Australia's West Coast)


If you like underwater photography, shark docs or just a great life story, this documentary is great and can be seen on Disney Plus. I also learned about another documentary film Valerie appeared in in the early 70's titled 'BLUE WATER, WHITE DEATH' that was the inspiration for Peter Benchley's Best Selling novel, 'JAWS.' It's a hard film to find, but thatz(sic) why God has given to us EBAY.COM (meaning I already placed my DVD order). Shark cage diving is on my bucket list and I shall plan my trip to visit the west coast of Australia, Neptune Islands very soon. I can shark cage dive and visit Heath Ledger's memorial place located in Perth all in one shot. Can't wait to take a bite outta that coming trip. bye.



Heath Ledger's Memorial by the sea.