Saturday, April 18, 2020



The Gambler

On a warm springs's eve
On a train bound for nowhere
I met up with the gambler
We were both too tired to sleep
So we took turns a-starin'
Out the window at the darkness
The pandemic's boredom overtook us,
And he began to speak
He said, "Son, I've made a life
Out of readin' people's face masks
Knowin' where the virus was
By the way they held their eyes
So if you don't mind me sayin'
I can see you're out of CHINESE CORONAS
For a taste of your whiskey
I'll give you some social distancing advice"
So I handed him my sanitizers
And he drank down my last swallow
Then he bummed my last crusty face mask
And asked me for a light
And the night got deathly quiet
And his faced lost all expression
He said, "If you're gonna play the game, boy
You gotta learn to play it right
You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away 

Know when to run...


now bye.