Saturday, December 21, 2019

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice.

Excellent production, despite the writers insertions of a slew of pandering ugly partisan anti-Trump political jabs. I never made it through the crazy cult classic Tim Burton movie (I found it to be a bit too silly & over the top), but this staged production of that movie really nailed, in my opinion, a much more controlled delivery of the movie plot's true essence which was about the premature death of a loved one, and the process of mourning and loss that goes along with that. The show had a really great mix of tangible special FX and a musical spin that just won the audience over- me included (and I hate musicals). Was cool to see a few die-hard goth kids there and also an entire new generation of emo kids that embrace the insanity of the deathly and sardonic, Mr. Beetlejuice. Beetlejuice. Beetlejuice...


click PLAY...