Saturday, July 14, 2018

the heat is on.



it took me years to appreciate, HEAT by Miami Vice famed director Michael Mann. when I first saw this 'movie' in a cineplex back when I was in film school. all I remember is leaving that 3-hour thing with half of an overpriced  container of popcorn (honesty, I don't remember what the hell I ordered that day but I can only imagine that is was a bucket of popcorn...sounds bout right ), only impressed by the movie's pristine sound-design and the bank robbery action street sequence - Nothing More. And now, 20 years later, and upon viewing it with a pair of fresh new eyes, I feel it is an absolute brilliant and emotionally charged masterpiece. De Niro's performance is spectacular. HEAT is spectacular. watch it. Evidence that time does heal all wounds, even after 20 years.  

bye.