Saturday, September 21, 2013

"SHOPPING FOR THE WINTER SEASON BRR "




INT. TARGET STORE. AFTERNOON.
                                                    CUT TO:
"Why are costumes so important?",  it asked.
"It's all about design. pizazz. keepin' it real. Staying under the radar," it heard.
"Oh. But do I also have to pay for a Diet Coke if I drank it already?"
"Yes. You must be honest. Plus, this place is packed right now. Big Brother is always watching. Hey, BTW, can I borrow a dollar ?"
"No. Hey, it sure is freezing. Is it just me? I'm getting the chills. Can I open up something else since this line is so long?" 
"No, put on the wig. Idiot."
" Oh yeah. Thanks. That's a really good point. I almost forgot about that. And so did Big Brother...Tee-Hee! (13th century giggle)"

                                                   FADE TO BLK.
"No problem. Just always follow your shopping list."






THE END (for now). 



Here’s the text of Jane Public's open letter to the Academy of Motion Pictures, which was displayed at the Academy exhibit, "Jane Public: Truth and the Lies of that Cheap Disguise of a Wig" after a recent nomination :
As "Shopping For The Winter BRRR" didn’t compete for "OSCAR" I think it is wrong to nominate my motion picture script and therefor [sic] I want to return the "CERTIFICATE OF NOMINATION".
I have found that the "OSCAR" nomination is one for the motion picture art that is a humiliating institution and ask you to be released from the attention of the jury in the future. Thanks. I'm gonna go shoot on Super 8mm film now. Go nominate that predictable formulaic "The Butler" movie instead. Bye!

© 2013 Artists Rights Society (ARS). 
Any unauthorized commercial use of materials is strictly prohibited.  
Copyright © 2013.