Saturday, November 24, 2012

Repairs

Dear Jane, The Boss sound FX harmonizer pedal machine works fine. I took it apart and it looked OK. I noticed the circuit board is very well made and appears to be highly microprocessor oriented...

...this tells me the red power LED is likely controlled by the microprocessor and notjust by power being applied.Sure enough when I plugged in my wife Margie's guitar and amp the red LED came on. In fact whether the LED on or out depends on what mode is set and whether the pedal is up or down. The LED is more of a mode indicator than a power light.I also discovered the screw for the pedal should be in all the time (engaged in the slot). The screw is only loosened to change the 9V battery. The pedal pressure seems heavy but I'm assuming by foot it's correct. I played with it a little. I don't know exactly what to expect from each mode but they seem to be working OK.

I will deliver the machine back to you for your art installation piece. Bye for now, Dennis Dunkin. 

SAD SAD NEWS: