Wednesday, April 11, 2012


Sara Gómez was the first female filmmaker of the Cuban Film Institute (ICAIC). Her only film, De cierta manera, was premiered 34 years ago and its message is still valid today. How do I know this as fact??? I just saw it. duh.


Gómez, who died at the age of 32, left a gap and a question opened: Was that the beginning or the end of women’s presence in film direction roles? A long time had to pass for another Cuban female to work as a filmmaker.

Sara Gómez, a black woman born in Havana on November 8, 1943, joined the young group of filmmakers that, by the 1960s and after the foundation of ICAIC, documented the radical and recent changes that were taking place within the Cuban society.


However, before her first foray into filmmaking, she studied music at Havana’s Conservatory. I studied music then migrated to film. duh. dont you rememba??


enough said.

bye.

enjoy my pics.


oh yeah, film reminded me of LAWS OF GRAVITY meets OPEN CITY meets IN LIVING COLOR (tv show) meets CRAZY EDDIE electronics store commercials of the 70's.


BYE AGAIN.

me

xo