Saturday, September 4, 2010

Killer Fish

I grew up on this stuff. "PIRANAH" type of movies...etc...(notice i use the term MOVIE and not FILM. Duh. there's a difference). Well, i totally did it and saw this movie to kill (no pun intended) off my boring Saturday. i am still congratulating myself for going. The movie was awesome, and maybe partly because i expected it to be heinous. the sound design was SUPERB. the cinematography was GORGEOUS. the gore was NOT computer generated and not ridiuously silly either, very realistic. Casting was perfect, and it was way cool to see that Elizabeth Shue is still around and getting work (I love Shue).
Thumbs up for this"movie". It was fun. 3-D didn't bug me. In general, the director (who did it with his French debut HIGH TENSION) created a place and atmosphere of an Arizona desert and blue water paradise that felt so good to be in, despite the bloody waters.

Go see it if your into rocks, blue water, and tough blonde female sheriffs.

me
xo

p.s. jane (i,e, ME, took the image above with my cellphone. Hence the quality. No, i was not getting my left hand devoured while taking the shot).