Sunday, September 26, 2010




“it was the best thing I did for myself Saturday”

he forced himself (i.e. I-self) to go to a museum on National Museum Day ! = FREE DAY at 6000 museums nationwide motivated him!?
Henri Matisse was the-HIS destination.
HE (i.e. the STAR of this blog) entered into a curated wonderland of colour & black and white sketches. Charcoals. Oils (on canvass-duh). Drypoint on vellum. Monotype on chine colle. Plaster cast onto monumental bronze.

SO what’s ur point? This is my point!:
In essence, there was just SO MUCH STUFF Wahoo

Who was this Matisse character??? (you wonder in a whisper)…
ANSWER: a totally prolific artist with a need to just keep making perfect beautiful things. Works, that were utterly important for others to gain joy and inspiration, learn from technique and craft, and enhance my no-idea-what-to-do-Saturday.

As an artist (utilizing FILM as my primary form of expression at the moment), my desire is to continue to mix the Fine Arts into ( directly into) the cinematic realm.

Titles like “Flowers and a Ceramic Plate” stuck with me. And STRUCK me. I want to move into this kind of a direction. It may be hard to explain in a blog, but I am working towards this direction already.


p.s. I am happy with my books, still photography collections, and recent performance art pieces. My upcoming FM PUBLIC RADIO interview will be interesting this Thursday.

p.s.s. Matisse documented the various stages of some of his works (i.e. the Bathers). I want to begin to catalogue the various stages/renditions/primitive stages of my works prior to their final screening moment. To show the numerous stages deeply connected with my process.