Sunday, December 6, 2009

Old Toys, New Toys.

Well, the Board Camera was my "TOY" of choice for many years, and many successful films. They afforded me (not just cheap-wise$$$$) so much to work with. The pinhole lens allowed for incredible Fisheye compositions. The black and white visual married with 9 volt battery static problems afforded me natural errors and "grain" type textures. I instantly fell in love with how easily i could carry them around and use. For sound, i synched up Hearing Aids. and got EXTREMELY sensitive recordings (thumping footsteps, actors breathing or weezing, outdoor ambient sounds while dialogue captured clearly).
All that said, NICE PEOPLE was my final goodbye to this aesthetic. I am now interested in the SLR Digital Cameras and what i may do with them. I need something new to play with, to re-vitalize my desire to make different types of films and tell different types of stories.