Sunday, March 8, 2009

RWANDA VERSUS BLAIRSTOWN !




It was Saturday (yesterday). I forced myself to toss on a classy scarf around my neck and go out to take pictures, and look for inspiring things on the "OUTSIDE". I went to view an afternoon Art Opening of a photo show at APERTURE concerning Rwanda Children Born Of Rape. Images were nice in saturated color, but very close to the BORN INTO BROTHELS aesthetic.

www.un.org/preventgenocide/rwanda/visions

I snatched some postcards and their calendar and then joined forces with an old film classmate to go a small town in N.J. called BLAIRSTOWN. The purpose of BLAIRSTOWN was to go with a film school pal to check out the Campsite where the original Friday the 13th film was filmed back in the 1980's. Well, it was Private Property, he chickened out. I was trapped in his car and had to abide. I encouraged him to at least let me explore the historic town. I did. I got great shots (see attached). I was dropped off at home.

I will return to the Blairstown campsite again. BUT NEXT TIME ALONE. You see my Blogger friends, I have learned, over and over again, that in life you can rely on only one single person to get things done correctly. and that is YOURSELF. I will explore the Sand Pond Campsite where they shot that classic nature film, and I WILL NOT "get pinched".
enjoy some pics I took JUST FOR YOU...