Sunday, February 1, 2009

SNAPSHOT poetry study




You look for fire logs all of the time (at least I do). Something to inspire the hands to create something "different". Sickening that we have to KEEP ON doing this as film artists, BUT WE DO, and that's just the way it is. At least there can be a silver lining to New York's snowy clouds and I found my log today. Thank God. I found it in some Warhol book about his portrait films at the WHITNEY MUSEUM. Book's Title: Andy Warhol's Screen Tests. The goal was to see Meredith Monk's FREE musical performance at 2pm at the WHITNEY, BUT the place was way too crowded and I said to myself, "screw this. I got something out of this trip, a book for ideas. Get the hell outta here". I listened.

I am still ambitiously looking for the proper way of shooting my latest quest, a film about poetry and it's author poet that is based on a very simplistic manner of filmmaking. Minimalism with "Narrative" depth. The idea is to touch the inside of a poem by looking at it's outside.

I'll browse through this book and see what strikes my fancy.
I'll jot notes of various ways I could shoot this project (16mm or 8mm).
And, on a different note, please go see the film, "DOUBT". I just saw it. It has incredible performances and is based on a catholic school that I attended and was an altar boy in the Bronx. NO, I was not molested by this priest, but I do recall one priest who enjoyed making me light his candles.


Talk to you soon dearest reader,

love,
akame
xo