Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Cant Explain.

I recorded this video installation of YVONNE RAINER at the MoMa museum. This dance excerpt is an example of what inspired me to make the film NICE PEOPLE. And also, what inspires me in general. I cannot explain why I simply love watching this kind of body movement (I.E. dance). When ya think of ballet, you think of tutu's and conservative crowds, BUT there is really something else about the essential art of the idea of how a person can move and express with a body.

Anyways, enjoy.
And give me credit. Your not allowed to take pictures at the MoMa, and I managed to pull this off quietly. The things I do for YOU.

always,
akame.

p.s. if you listen carefully you can hear me and my darling Cassie as I feed her an afternoon of gallery strolling tips :)


xo