Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Nothing Gold Can Stay.



Nature’s first green is gold, 
Her hardest hue to hold. 
Her early leaf’s a flower; 
But only so an hour. 
Then leaf subsides to leaf. 
So Eden sank to grief, 
So dawn goes down to day. 
Nothing gold can stay. 
                         by Robert Frost




      
R.I.P.  Bruce and Brandon Lee (father and son)

As a shy and reclusive pre-teen, Bruce Lee became my childhood idol. I was obsessed with him. I taught myself nunchucks (double), I read all of his published philosophy books and covered my room with collages of posters and magazine cut-outs from his movies and greatest moments. It was not until I discovered a pair of drum sticks at a local yard sale that I was able to let go of Bruce Lee and transfer my energy into teaching myself musical instruments, musical writing and soundscape composition. To this day, I find that physical movement, music and the language of film editing to be all relative kin with the experience of a creative 'flow '.
             
Bruce Lee - "A learned man once went to a Zen teacher to inquire about Zen. As the Zen teacher explained, the learned man would frequently interrupt him with remarks like, "Oh, yes, we have that too…" and so on. Finally the Zen teacher stopped talking and began to serve tea to the learned man. He poured the cup full, then kept pouring until the cup overflowed. "Enough!" the learned man once more interrupted. "No more can go into the cup!". "Indeed, I see" answered the Zen teacher. " If you do not first empty your cup, how can you taste my cup of tea?" bye.   and p.s. ...