Saturday, October 2, 2010

NPR Public Radio interview with filmmaker Joey Huertas (me)


Well i (me) did my interview with NPR public radio this week via telephone.
interesting experience.
sound check over a telephone is weird. reminds you (i.e. and ME) of speaking to somepne behind a glass booth window---ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT YOU CANNT SEE THE PERSON AND THEY DO NOT RESPOND TO YOU WHILE YOU SPEAK.
But, that's 4 soundcheck. a series of questions and answers i was requested to do upon myself prior to the reporter beginning the ordeal.
it was fun. i had prepared notes and scribble-scrabbles but used nothing i had prepared.
This Writer shot from the hip.
so yeah. i did a Public Radio Interview. FM radio. Will be broadcast mid-October. I will post the precise date when i learn it. and heck yes they will be playing some soundclips of my works.

very cool experience.

bye

p.s. i have been watching much documentaries on the Khmer Rouge. unreal how recent and terrible that movement was. "ENEMIES OF THE PEOPLE" was such a reminder of the power of documentary film to not just tell an unknown side-of-a-story, but also to motivate the public to seek further knowledge of how and why some things were permitted to happen. And why history keeps repeating itself Over and Over again. creepy.


me
xo