Saturday, January 16, 2010

revisited.

Today I decided (by mere accident due to killin’ time in unexpected good NYC weather) to “REVISIT” one of the sites where I shot my ballet film, NICE PEOPLE. A dance studio/conservatory where I also went to art school. For good memories, I bought a bottle of diet pepsi outta a soda machine for $1.25 then walked into some of the rooms that I shot in. I was initially drawn to this place because of the hanging antique acoustic speakers. They were SOOOO janey (aka joey). NICE PEOPLE is one of my more important and personal works because it marked a very intended shift in my norm of film storytelling aesthetic. I found a very special dancer/actress who was able to meet me creatively and surrender completely to “PROCESS”. Here is a slideshow of a few still images I took this afternoon while rekindling memories of a great film shot at an important stage of my filmmaking career. I luv this movie that I made, and am glad that I got that STUFF it dealt with outta my system. CLICK PLAY BELOW TO VIEW SLIDEHOW OF IMAGES: