Sunday, August 23, 2009

Wall installation for Fine Arts show, 2009.




FINALLY! My wall features:
A pastel, charcoal and school chalk drawing portrait.
A cellphone image, manipulated with Photoshop techology.
A collage/assemblage of this female inmate's situation (cancer).

I have one last typewritten text 56" scroll I need to add to the left of the wall, but Ill get that down later in the week. I am also creating a ZINE booklet for the public to learn about the plight of art systems for women in correctional facilities, and how there is absolutely NO LITERATURE out there commending or talking about female prison art. FOr now joey (aka jane), it's rest-time.
HOW YOU (i.e. I) PULLED THIS OFF TODAY, ONLY GOD KNOWS. I ACTUALLY MANAGED TO OPERATE COMPLETELY LIKE THE PRISON DICTATES-BEING CREATIVE WITH WHATEVER JUNK AND/OR DEVICES I CAN FIND LAYING AROUND (OR LAYING IN A TRASHCAN).

STAY TUNED FOR THE OPENING DATES (AND STAY OUTTA PRISON).
This show will be dedicated to ALL women in prison who do not have a voice.

LUV,
akamexo