Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Ups and Downs of the CROSS

Creating. Making. Being an artist IS a cross to bare. And don't anyone ever try to convince otherwise.

There is absolutely nothing PRETTY about being an artist. I only embraced that "title" (i.e. artist) and that self-definition within the past decade as my only real available option to be able to fit into within some crevice of the human race. Yes, there are moments of creative excitement during the "process" stages of a work, and especially after the completion of a work. But the IN BETWEENS are ruthless. IN BETWEEN WHAT, YOU WONDER? -

1)In Between projects.
2)in Between ideas and idea-vacancy.
3)In Between self-doubt... WHY IS IT THAT I HAVE TO DO THIS? WHY CAN'T I JUST BE A BIT MORE SIMPLE? WHY CAN'T I JUST HAVE A JOB AT WALMART AND GO HOME AND SLEEP?

Long story short (or should I say long Blog short) being an artist is a curse.
And a blessing. It is a cross to carry, and a very heavy one I must say.
Trust me, this is a Blog and Blogs are meant to be honest.

aka me.x