Saturday, September 13, 2008

your greatest fan

Like it or not, you must be your greatest fan.

I make films, make sounds, make stuff, because I HAVE TO. I have no other reason.
It is terrible when you work so hard at setting up a presentation of work, and you learn that know one really truly cares about you do BUT YOU. I am talking to myself outloud right now (I imagine). Why do I do this crap? IT's all about money, attention, who knows who, for the most part. I do have to remind myself, that I got into this film art thing because of seeing cinema that inspired and changed me (i.e. BERGMAN, ROSSELLINI).
I have a huge body of work now.
But who will ever see it all?
I work now towards my death show. Seriously. I organize everything I do carefully and "clearly", I "back up" all of my work, I write the "creative process" for as many films of mine as I can to help give insight to the public of how I create what I do, and my "motivations" if there are any. The idea is that when I am dead(and unfortunately when this happens I won't even know it) someone can organize it all and show it all properly to inspire others and let the work live on. WHY CAN'T I JUST DIE, COME RIGHT BACK IN THE FORM OF A FANATICAL FAN GIRL AND ORGANIZE THE THING MYSELF!

I guess this is why God created the almighty BLOG , huh. For stuff like this.
Well, I hope someone out there can relate to some aspect of this.
If not, The mere act of writing this keeps me focused on the quaky reminder that I am this despicable creature they call "artist".

And man, what I would to to trade it in and be a simpleton candy wrapper somewhere in a rural town with a run down local movie theatre and a loyal mut junkyard dog that loves me.


aka
me.
xo