Monday, May 17, 2021

The Cure, Reznor, my drumming and The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.



#MyOwnPrivateIdaho

#Drummer4Life

The most bizarre thing has happened with my drumming, in which I am literally currently addicted to playing & re-interpreting early The Cure albums...and this is unprecedented for me. I originally was a power drummer with a love for flash (stick twirls) and absolute volume, yet now I feel mostly focused on intricacy and coloring most opened moments left within the crevices of musical phrases. I have gained so much of a deeper respect for Robert Smith and all that he did with The Cure discography - and his unimaginable gift of songwriting musicianship (even playing with Siouxie as her guitarist, too). The Cure deserved to be placed into the The Rock Hall Of Fame and even Trent Reznor has admitted that it was something very deserving. bye.