Saturday, October 16, 2021

Closed for business.


So strange to see that record stores and book stores that used to be so much fun to spend hours in are now CLOSED and out of business. So sad and terrible. I remember when I worked for S.I.R. (Studio Instrument Rentals) and I'd set up drum kits and P.A. Systems inside of Tower and Virgin Record stores for new album releases for bands to perform live and do their groupie meet and greets. The ones that left the strongest memories on me that I helped set up and break down sets were Billie Joel, Elton John, Cyndi Lauper, Diamanda Galas, The Allman Brothers, Bjork, Mary J. Blige, Mariah Carey, Lil Kim, Motley Crue, Joan Jett and Tony Orlando and Dawn

I still miss riding around in their giant-ass red S.I.R. (Studio Instrument Rentals) truck cutting off NYC yellow taxi cabs (we called them the street bullies) in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the city.

                  
                  
                   

      http://www.sir-usa.com/