Thursday, May 12, 2022

NYTimes reports UAP congressional hearing & Top Gun


.... So, on another topic related to aerial phenomena- I’m shocked to say that I'm actually looking foward to the new TOP GUN movie coming out this Memorial Day weekend 2022. The early pre-screening critic (non-spoiler) reviews coming in are spectacular and the trailer looks like the visual & editorial craftsmanship is masterful (I’m a very good judge of films based on the trailer tease). I had never seen the original TOP GUN 80's movie, but I do recall a childhood of hearing the Kenny Loggins 'Danger Zone' song and the movie's multi-hit soundtrack 24 hours a day on MTV.  I noticed that NETFLIX currently has the original TOP GUN available to stream until May 31st, so I watched it last night and hot damn was it good. Like- I was blown away by the aerial photography and editing - and sadly was reminded that this hit movie was made by director Tony Scott (Ridley Scott's brother, who died by suicide a few years ago by jumping off of a bridge https://www.cnn.com/2012/08/20/showbiz/obit-tony-scott/index.html). Tony's movie is simply an epic popcorn movie compelled by saturated color lush, silly romance and testosterone fueled patriotic fun. I predict that this new TOP GUN is going to reinvigorate the movie-going experience and our post-pandemic cold feet crisis. If you have 90 minutes of spare time before Memorial Day, catch this original Top Gun on NETFLIX for a fun ride in the skies. bye.                              

                                                                

p.s.     TOP GUN & UAP trivia: