Tuesday, June 23, 2015

History of 1970's performance art, NYC and 16 mm.

            
So inspiring, and yet so bloody strange. Seeing performance activities captured on film, in -or around- the 70's Battery Park Twin Towers (despite the joy of the cameraman) remains a haunting experience for me. Troubling dichotomy of feeling a desire of never wanting to remember those 2 buildings that I grew up loving, while secretly glowing with arrogant pride at seeing the power of the Bolex camera with its 2 1/2 minute roll of daylight temperature film that now intermittently presents at 24 frames per second a documented history of a performer and a deceased historical land art landmark. I reckon that I am an odd elitist, as I am very proud to be a native New Yorker tonight ( and proud to be a member of the secret society performance art community ). Bye.

P.S. Andy Warhol's brief cameo in the film shown worked, mainly because he rocked the wig he had on. God bless good and bad wigs!

P.S.(s) I'm gonna watch, 'The Godfather' tonight, due to tonight's inspiring NYC lecture. But first,  I will finish off 'Psycho.'

P.S.S.s.  I love you Jsne( sic) Public! You crack me up !!!!